Friday, February 24, 2023

Group Meeting #1




Week 3

      

  Today was the first group meeting. I spoke about my ideas for my film opening, specifically my story idea, and received a lot of good feedback. I was a little unsure on how we would show a "loss of innocence" within the film opening, but my group gave me confidence on an idea Camila and I had using old pictures of our main character when they were younger and innocent. I was also told my idea to include dramatic elements within the opening alongside the reality of drug use was unique and a great way to ease the tension in the start of the movie. Essentially, the group aided in taking some half-baked ideas and lifting them up into ideas that I will certainly use within my blog opening.

    Having another 'drama' group in this meeting helped because we bounced ideas off of each other on dramatic archetypes. I learned that it is smart to watch the film openings for the films I do research on in order to influence my opening. I was also given a tip to use makeup effects on the main characters arm to show past use of heroin, the drug she will be addicted to within the opening. These little elements are what make a movie memorable for having attention to detail, so I'm glad I was given the idea. These meetings are obviously great for sharing ideas with a person that might be doing something similar to you in terms of technical elements or even story.

    This group meeting gave me confidence in my group's ideas and even gave me new ones that I will likely put in my opening. All members had great story ideas, but just needed that little boost of confidence within their thoughts so they could flourish within their respective projects. This group meeting was a big help for everyone and I will make sure to present new ideas in the next one, especially because I will have more information to share on my project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR Creation

 Week 8 And the final part of the project is here. CCR Creation. I sure had fun making this project and learned a great deal. IN TWO DIRECTO...